An irregular, irreverent, post-modern account of the surreal, the ordinary, and the bizarre happenings on and around the Felia lavender farm in Crete

Friday, December 09, 2005

Popeye and ....?

This is not a blog entry. There is no blog entry today because today we began olive harvest. After a day doing olives nobody is fit to blog. Just fit to drop. And that is what we're going to do just as soon as we've eaten. Light the stove, sit on the sofa and chill - then bed. If it isn't raining tomorrow we continue the olive harvest - otherwise we rest. The sacks are bigger this year 60kg each and we have filled 12 today. 12 sacks is possibly 90 kilos of oil if the yield is OK. Maybe, if we are lucky, we are half way through. My back aches, my wrists ache, my shoulders ache, my legs ache what else could ache? I hear rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment