An irregular, irreverent, post-modern account of the surreal, the ordinary, and the bizarre happenings on and around the Felia lavender farm in Crete

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Democracy

I live in a democracy

I live in a democracy where
the majority of people did not support
a war in Iraq and
went on the streets to show so

I live in a democracy

I live in a democracy where
the majority of people want
the prime minister to call for an
immediate cessation of Israel's cruel and disproportionate attack on Lebanon

I live in a democracy

I live in a democracy where
the majority of people want
the prime minister to call for a
condemnation of Israel's attacks on Gaza

I live in a democracy

I live in a democracy where
the parliamentary party of the prime minister
want him to convince his friend George W Bush to
call for an immediate cessation of Israel's attack on Lebanon

I live in a democracy

I live in a democracy where
the prime minister
instead of listening to his party or his electorate
listens to some strange voice in the sky
and
ignores everyone else

I live in a democracy

I keep telling myself that
I live in a democracy but
I am not so sure I believe it anymore

Do I live in a democracy?

How do we get rid of this arrogant ignorant knee bending "leader"?

If I live in a democracy?

Is this the democracy that our soldiers are fighting to bring to the middle east?
Or is it George W Bush's version of democracy that doesn't include the UN?

Do I live in a democracy?
Do you?

2 comments:

  1. I live in a lunatic asylum where the madmen have taken over control; I live in Megalomaniac Blair's Britain!

    Incidentally, have you noticed that El Loco Blair has announced that 'identity cards will form a "major plank" of the Labour Party manifesto at the next General Election' according to the BBC (see report here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5242300.stm) despite all the opposition, both ideological and practical to his mad scheme?

    So, to answer your question: No, I do not live in a democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like the State Censors have stopped anyone else responding to this fine post by Papalazarou. Failing that, his readership is mainly comprised of dolts. Either way it's a shame and an indictment.

    ReplyDelete