An irregular, irreverent, post-modern account of the surreal, the ordinary, and the bizarre happenings on and around the Felia lavender farm in Crete

Monday, December 18, 2006

Transcript 2

S (panic in her voice): Were you followed?
A (angrily): For God's sake Sonia - I'm still a pro - of course I wasn't followed. How stupid do you think I am? Don't answer that.
S: Alex was saying he thinks that your obsession with money is making you slack ... he is worried about you - your guard may be down ... he thinks
A : Alex this ... Alex that ... what does Alex know? ... was Alex ever an operative? NO ... I was ... I am ... I know my business very well ... do not worry about me ... worry perhaps about Alex ... I am on top of it all
S: ... but what if I am still being watched?
A: of course you are still being watched but they will not have seen me come in ... and we still do not know by whom ... Alex has been less than helpful on that question ... do you think that locking yourself in here is helping? ... really? you need to pull yourself together and ... and for the love of Christ Sonia cut back on those Prozac
S: ... but they help keep me calm ... I need them ...
A: (big sigh) you think they help so they help ... end of ... it's a self fulfilling prophecy ... you re talking yourself into this thing and you can think yourself out of it ... only you can do it ...
S: Anyway what did you come for this time? just to annoy me? to nag me?
A (very upbeat): I've got everything I need for the dossier now ... all I'm waiting for is a second confirmation on one of the sources ... there's an Italian flying in tomorrow morning and I'm meeting up with him tomorrow afternoon ... if all goes well I'll be ready to send it off at the weekend ... I've already let Ivan see the draft and he agrees it's dynamite ... it nails the cocaine heroin Afghan connexion firmly on our man .. it'll wreck that mega-deal ... no question ... dad in the water by next week ... the ultimate poisoned chalice ... and I'll have the bulk of the fee by next weekend ...
S: ... you're sure? is Ivan safe ... I do not trust him ... he was a snake in Moscow ... why not here ? ... and what does Alex think?
A: ... I've not shown Alex ... not yet ... I cannot say why ... no ... Ivan is clean ... Ivan is OK ... he set up the meeting with the Italian ...
S : does he know Boris is here? Boris worries me ... rewind and erase ... Boris scares me shitless
A: Boris? what's Boris got to do with it? does who know he's here?
S: Ivan ... does Ivan know? you know Boris used to work for Ivan ... maybe he's here in London at Ivan's request ... think about it ... could be you know ...
A sighs deeply several times : don't be ridiculous Sonia ... I don't need this ... I'm leaving ... I only wanted to let you know what was happening and to check up on you ... if you cannot speak sense I'm off ... I have business to do ... you might lie around here all day but I have things to do ...

A door slams and silence ensues ... (we assume Alex has left the flat)


(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment